Us bloggers sure do love our tags, don’t we? Gill of Realweegiemidget Reviews and Catherine of Thoughts All Sorts have come up with a fun one for us (read Gill’s post here and Catherine’s post here), but as timing would have it, I’ve had to put off answering it until now. Oh well, that’s life, of course. Thanks for nominating me, ladies!
All righty, as is the case in any civilized society, there are a few rules going into this tag (I copied and pasted these from Catherine’s post with a minor tweak or two.):
- You must add the name of the blog that tagged you AND those of Thoughts All Sorts and Realweegiemidget Reviews with links to ALL these sites.. and use the natty cat themed picture promoting this post.
- List 5 of your all-time swoon-worthy characters from TV or Film i.e crushes/objects of your affection. And also do mention the actor or actress who plays them, as you might like James Bond as played by Timothy Dalton and no one else.. etc etc
- Link (Tag) to 5 other bloggers.
- Add lovely pictures, gifs or videos of those you selected.
- If you don’t have a blog (or don’t have time to write a post) join in with your choices on Twitter with this #5TheFlamingHot5ReasonsWhy Tag and tag @realweegiemidge and @Thoughtsallsort and the person who tagged you in your tweet.
- Oh…and post these rules.
Now that that’s out of the way, here are my five hotties in no particular order. Three of them were in my previous Five Flaming Hotties post, but they deserve a second look, right?
Will Scarlett (Christian Slater, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves)
- It’s the bad boy thing.
- He’s scrappy in a good way.
- He’s fearless.
- He can be romantic when he wants to be.
- He’s got a good sense of humor even when a situation looks dire.
Dudley (Denzel Washington, The Preacher’s Wife)
- The first thing he does when he gets back to earth is make a beeline for a pizza truck.
- He can dance. Well, he’s stuck in the sixties, but he can dance.
- That smile.
- He’s got a sense of humor.
- He encourages everyone to be the best they can be.
Tucker Culbertson (Cameron Bender, Gilmore Girls, “Farewell, My Pet”)
- He’s one of the few good parts of mostly yucky Season Seven.
- He teaches economics.
- He reads.
- He makes Rory think beyond Logan, as good as their relationship was.
- He looks a LOT like my husband did when we first started dating.
Johnny Castle (Patrick Swayze, Dirty Dancing)
- It’s the bad boy thing again, although in Johnny’s case it’s more of a means to an end.
- Patrick Swayze could bring it on the dance floor. Ballet, Latin, whatever. The guy was awesome.
- He’s willing to try unconventional methods to pull a novice dancer up to snuff.
- He’s got a well-defined sense of honor.
- He gets Baby out of the corner.
Indiana Jones (Sean Patrick Flanery, The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones)
- He’s wicked cute. Come on. 🙂
- He knows how to keep his head in a crisis.
- He meets great historical figures, and lots of ’em, without even trying.
- He can speak tons of languages fluently with no accent whatsoever.
- He’s been to every corner of the world.
And now for my five fabulous nominees. Drum roll, please…
- Sally from 18 Cinema Lane
- Phyl from Phyllis Loves Classic Movies
- Kayla from Whimsically Classic
- Virginie from The Wonderful World of Classic Movies
- Fritzi from Movies Silently
- And anyone else who’s interested.
Another post is coming up on Sunday. Thanks for reading, all…
If you’re enjoying what you see on Taking Up Room, please look for additional content on Substack, where you’ll find both free and subscriber-only articles. I publish every Wednesday and Saturday.