Uh huh. It’s on the horizon. In a few months we cringe, flinch, wince, and in all other ways express chagrin at the phenomenon known as the Bad Movie.
Every kind of bad movie is fair game here. Obscure TV movies, blockbusters, straight-to-video monstrosities, Disney sequels, mockbusters, whatever–anything that doesn’t float your boat is fodder for this blogathon. Got a movie everyone else likes but you don’t? Tell the blogosphere about it!
Here are the rules, and they’re pretty standard, but the proprieties must be observed, of course:
- Posts can be sent to me on or around February 26th through the 28th via the Comment section, Twitter, Instagram (both @TakingUpRoom), or e-mailed to email@example.com. Only new material, please. YouTubers and podcasters are welcome to contribute as well.
- Since this is such a big topic, duplicates will be verboten, although the same movie can be approached from different angles. For instance, one person can do a straight review of a movie while another includes the same film as part of a list.
- Movies can be from any era or of any genre, and can be TV movies, features, indies, or B-movies. Lists of bad movies are fine.
- Anyone who’s stuck for an idea can find a by-the-decades list here. Streaming services, YouTube or Amazon Prime also have tons of choices. Asylum always has something as well.
- Grab a banner and advertise the blogathon!
Taking Up Room: The Happening (2008), Sharknado 4 (2016), Star Wars: The Holiday Special (1978)
Realweegiemidget Reviews: Loch Ness (1996)
Cinema Catharsis: Blood Feast (1963)
Booksteve’s Library: The Magic Christian (1969) and Candy
Dubsism: Excalibur (1981)
Whimsically Classic: Roller Boogie (1979)
Films From Beyond the Time Barrier: The Brain From Planet Arous (1957)
The Oak Drive-In: The Astrologer (1975)
18 Cinema Lane: The New Adventures of Heidi (1978)
Tales From Freakboy Zone: Pandemonium (1982)
Silver Screenings: The Hollywood Story (1951)
Return To the 80s: Caddyshack 2 (1988)
Crítica Retrô: The Story of Mankind (1957)
Maniacs and Monsters: The best (worst) Amityville Horror movies (Andrew) and Kiss Daddy Goodbye (1981) (Michael)
A Shroud of Thoughts: Sex Kittens Go To College (1960)
Diary of A Movie Maniac: The Shanghai Gesture (1941)