Anyone have a birthday on February 29th, or know someone born on that day? It’s an interesting concept, having a birthday every four years–it must feel a little surreal. I’ll bet people born on that day celebrate like no one’s business.
In that vein, I thought it would be fun to commemorate Leap Day next year by holding a blogathon. How often do we have a chance to post on February 29th? It’s a great target of opportunity.
This Leap-fest will have four categories:
- Movies or TV shows starring celebrities born on February 29th (see a list here). Bio-type posts work, too.
- Movies or shows that have a connection to Leap Day in some way.
- Movies or TV shows that play with time, e.g., Interstellar, Outer Limits, Back To the Future, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, etc.
- Any movie or TV show you’ve always wanted to review but never had the chance to. It’s your February 29th, after all. 🙂
Here are the rules:
- The blogathon will officially take place on February 29th, but entries can be submitted on the days surrounding it. New material only, please.
- Since this is a big topic, duplicates are tabu unless approached from different angles. For instance, one person could do a straight review of a film while another includes it as part of a list.
- Entries can be sent to me via the Comment section, Twitter and Instagram (both @TakingUpRoom), my Contact page, or via e-mail (email@example.com)
- Films, shows or celebs can be of any era, as long as they fit into one or more of the categories above.
- Grab a banner and advertise the blogathon!
Taking Up Room: Time Bandits (1981)
The Classic Movie Muse: Portrait of Jennie (1948)
Thoughts All Sorts: Leap Year (2010)
MovieRob: Pirates of Penzance (1983)
Dubsism: The Green Berets (1968)
Poppity Talks Classic Film: The Fabulous Dorseys (1947)
Caftan Woman: Midnight Mary (1933)
18 Cinema Lane: Finding Forrester (2000)
The Midnite Drive-in: Mr. Smith Goes To Washington (1939)
Musings of A Classic Film Addict: Fun and Fancy Free (1947)
Overture Books and Film: I Dood It (1943)
Crítica Retrô: Beggars of Life (1928)
It Came From the Man Cave!: Big Bad Mama (1974)
Cary Grant Won’t Eat You: Somewhere In Time (1980)
Pure Entertainment Preservation Society: Lady of Burlesque (1943)
Midnight Movie Monster: The Candy Snatchers (1973)
MovieMovie BlogBlog II: Gone With the Wind (1939)